Quick! This is it, this is our chance to get outside. What are some things to do in Dallas outdoors? We’re so glad you asked.
Have an adventure!
Get into nature at Lakeside Park or White Rock Lake, or get into a roller coaster at Six Flags. Just depends on whether you wanna move slow or really, really fast.
Don’t you think it’s time for a photoshoot? Pose among the Blue Bonnets. Find a mural in Deep Ellum. Flex in front of the Fair Park mammoth. They call it an Instagram feed ‘cause it’s hungry! Go out there and fill it up.
Go Al Fresco
Eat at one of Dallas’ outdoor restaurants. There’s way too many to list, but in our family we like Chicken Scratch at the Foundry, Rodeo Goat, and Hat Creek. (It helps when there’s a playground). We might even stop by Katy Trail Icehouse after a hike, if only for some chips and queso. There are many other Dallas outdoor bars and restaurants worth exploring, so get moving.
Quick side list of foods that taste better outdoors
Discover a neighborhood!
No better way to learn about your town than through a scavenger hunt. There’s outdoor art to admire, history to uncover, and people to see! DFW Scavenger Hunt lets you be outside while challenging your brain. With weather like this, how can you resist? If you’re looking for Dallas outdoor events, a scavenger hunt can’t be beat.
Plant a Garden!
What are you doing buying your tomatoes at Tom Thumb when you could harvest better ones yourself? Homegrown tomatoes are delicious, and now is the time to get them in the ground. Now’s the time to find out if you’ve got a green thumb.
What’s that? You’re not quite ready to go outside just yet? Fine, here’s a puzzle that you’re welcome to complete indoors or outdoors.
The answers to the following questions all share something in common.
1. What band had a 1972 hit with “A Horse With No Name”?
2. Similar to a sit-up, what abdominal exercise shares its name with a Nestle candy
3. What animal appears in the logo of Qantas airlines?
4. What title character did Alexander Gould voice in a 2003 film?
5. What boxing punch is performed by turning the back and swinging a bent arm in a
6. What is the lowest ranking face card in a typical deck?
7. Instrumental in the creation of US Steel, what was the last name of American
financier John Pierpont?
8. What company that started as Timely Publications did Disney acquire in 2009?
9. What Scottish word for church is also the first name of the star of Spartacus?
Ready for the answers? Scroll waaaaaay down. Then get outside, will ya?
Answer: They're all "Captains"