It's MLB opening day, and the Rangers just took the field in Arlington. There's a lot about baseball that appeals to puzzlers like us. First of all, you know we love outdoor competition. Secondly, there's something about a game built on statistics that gets our nerve endings firing.
In celebration, we created a puzzle that's all about baseball, by which I mean it's just barely about baseball. Check it out.
A lot of movie titles include the names of Major League Baseball teams. The films clued below only include SINGULAR versions of team names. So for example, if there was a movie called How to Train Your Yankee, I would have used it. As a hint, I’ve given you the year and two of the stars. How many movies can you name?
1. Chow Yun-Fat, Michelle Yeoh (2000)
2. Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin (1990)
3. Gene Hackman, Gwyneth Paltrow (2001)
4. Meg Ryan, Billy Crystal (1989)
5. Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington (2004)
6. Vin Diesel, Jennifer Aniston (1999)
7. Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson (2012)
8. Nicolas Cage, Sean Bean (2004)
9. Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire (1976)
Scroll on down for the answers, and if you like solving puzzles, try a scavenger hunt with us!
1. Crouching TIGER, Hidden Dragon
2. The Hunt for RED October
3. The ROYAL Tenenbaums
4. When Harry MET Sally
6. The Iron GIANT
8. NATIONAL Treasure